The temperature is rising, the sun is shining, and your skin is starting to tan (or burn). What does that mean? Summer is near! Or maybe you just live in the great state of Texas. Either way, the summer heat and UV rays can do other damage not related to you. The intense heat and rays can cause damage to your property’s roof. This can lead to potential leaks, cracks, and other costly issues. Here are five tips to help protect you and your roof this summer!
- Regular roof inspections: We recommend that from time to time you check on your roof for any signs of damage. Be on the lookout for any holes, cracks, or loose shingles that may need to be replaced or repaired.
- Choosing the right roofing materials: It is important to choose the right materials that will suit your property well. Consider choosing reflective shingles or tiles. Choosing white or light-colored tiles or shingles can reflect sunlight and reduce heat absorption.
- Proper ventilation: Proper ventilation is key when it comes to your roof. This can help regulate the temperature in your attic and reduce the heat buildup in your building.
- Radiant barrier installment: By installing radiant barriers under your roof, you can reduce heat transfer from the sun.
- Regular maintenance: Be sure to schedule regular maintenance for your roof! Call us to ensure your roof is in excellent condition and to address any issues before they become ones that could cost you a pretty penny.
We want everyone to be cool and safe this summer! By taking the time to conduct regular inspections, ensure sufficient ventilation, and proper insulation installment, you’ll save time, money, and stress. By considering these tips, you can not only help protect your roof but also extend its lifespan!
Riddle Brothers Roofing & Construction is an award winning roofing company that services the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. Our experienced roofers, with both commercial and residential roofs, have experience with claims and can assist your insurance company. We provide only the best quality roofing material in the industry to ensure you get a quality roof that will last for many years to come. Want to learn more about Riddle Brothers Roofing & Construction call (214) 884-8346 or visit our website for a free quote.